|General Procedure of the Tin Hau Festival
- Evening of the 22nd-day of the third lunar month
- Thanksgiving and returning of Fa Pao (Most liven up around at 9pm to 12am)
- Around 11pm of the 22nd-day of the third lunar month
- Each villages’ representatives go to Tai Shue Ha Tin Hau Temple to light up the first joss sticks and worship, and some other rites such as “Shout Ceremony” and “Read Joy Script”
- The 23rd day of the third lunar month
- All parties with Lion and Dragon Dance crews and other performing groups gather at around 9am in the assembly point
- Processions start at around 10am
- The first group reaches and performs at the center of Yuen Long Stadium at around 11am
- After the performance, all villagers of the Lion and Dragon Dance teams continue to go to the Tai Shue Ha Tin Hau Temple to pay respect to Tin Hau
- At around 2pm, the committee will invite Tin Hau (move the Tin Hau statue) to the pavilion opposite to the Tin Hau Temple, and start drawing of the Fa Pao.
(西鐵-元朗站 轉 輕鐵 或步行到鳳琴街體育館不太遠)
MTR West Lane - Yuen Long Stn change LRT to Tai Tong Rd Stn
For reference only, information is subject to change without notice.
Special thanks gommyL for the translation
鳴謝 gommy 提供的英文翻譯